Experience the powerful spiritual effects of True Devotion to Mary
“The Immaculate alone has from God the promise of victory over Satan. She seeks souls that will consecrate themselves entirely to her, that will become in her hands forceful instruments for the defeat of Satan and the spread of God’s kingdom.” St. Maximilian Kolbe
Under the guidance of St. Louis de Montfort, make a 33-day retreat to prepare your heart for consecration to Our Blessed Mother on December 8, the Solemnity of the Immaculate Conception. Consecration means “to make holy.” When we consecrate ourselves to Jesus through Mary, we promise to faithfully cooperate with God’s grace at work in our lives. It is the surest way to defeat Satan in the world.
When consecrating ourselves to Our Lady, we consecrate all that we have and all that we are to Jesus through Mary. As Pope John Paul II explained, “Consecrating ourselves to Mary means accepting her help to offer ourselves and the whole of mankind to Him who is holy, infinitely holy; it means accepting her help—by having recourse to her motherly heart, which beneath the cross was opened to love for every human being, for the whole world—in order to offer the world, the individual human being, mankind as a whole, and all the nations to Him who is infinitely holy” (May 13, 1982).
“Consecration to the Mother of God,” says Pope Pius XII, “is a total gift of self, for the whole of life and for all eternity; and a gift which is not a mere formality or sentimentality, but effectual, comprising the full intensity of the Christian life – Marian life.” This consecration, the Pope explained, “tends essentially to union with Jesus, under the guidance of Mary.”
How does it work?
- Watch the watch the video teachings we will post and share from Father Lundberg (links to be provided on this page and by email). There will be one at the beginning of each week. Text “truedevotion” to 22828 to get on the email list for the weekly and daily mailings. If you get an error message, check that “truedevotion” is one word, not separated by a space.
- For the next 33 days, meditate on the readings in St. Louis de Montfort’s text as a guide. The ideas and meditations are rich, and you may want take your time when reading. Try to aim for four or five pages each day.
- Pray the prayers that come to your inbox each day with a link to the readings and meditations.
- Prepare to make your consecration on December 8. Go to Confession in the eight days prior to December 8.
- On December 8, receive Communion with the intention of giving yourself fully to Jesus.
- After Mass, pray the prayer of Consecration (we will supply it) before the tabernacle and sign the Act of Consecration.
Consecration is a process, not a test of endurance. If you miss a day, just keep going. The most important part of the devotion are the readings and meditations. Even if you miss a few days, pick up and give Our Lady your heart. That’s the true purpose of this True Devotion. This is the surest way to loosen Satan’s hold on the world.
CHAPTER ONE – NECESSITY OF DEVOTION TO OUR LADY
CHAPTER TWO – IN WHAT DEVOTION TO MARY CONSISTS
CHAPTER THREE – THE PERFECT CONSECRATION TO JESUS CHRIST
CHAPTER FOUR – MOTIVES WHICH RECOMMEND THIS DEVOTION
Chapters three and four
CHAPTER FIVE – BIBLICAL FIGURE OF THIS PERFECT DEVOTION: REBECCA AND JACOB
CHAPTER SIX – WONDERFUL EFFECTS OF THIS DEVOTION
CHAPTER SEVEN – PARTICULAR PRACTICES OF THIS DEVOTION
Chapters six and seven