Adoration at Sacred Heart of Jesus parish – invitation and instruction
“œCome to Me all who labor and heavy burdened and I will give you rest” (Matthew 11:28).
Our parish is blessed by the exposition of Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament twenty-four hours a day, our adorers are blessed by being in His presence. More adorers and substitutes are needed. With our online scheduling system, users can follow real-time requests for substitutes, update contact preferences, and monitor their ongoing commitments. Each adorer is asked to use the online system make an effort to access the online system.
Come adore Our Lord. Use the online system to sign up.
Log in by going to https://shwinchester.weadorehim.com/.
If you are new to Adoration and want to sign up as a co-adorer (one of two people assigned to an hour), please click, “œsign up.” Enter your information when prompted and set your contact preferences.
When you click “œMy Dashboard” you will see your preferences. It is from this dashboard that you can edit your preferences, contact information, substitute requests, and commitments.
If you request a substitute, the automated system will alert those who have volunteered to be substitutes. You will be notified when someone takes your commitment, or you can check on your dashboard.
All adorers are responsible to ensure their adoration hours are covered. Requesting a substitute does not guarantee that one will be found. In addition to using the system, you may want to call other adorers to see if you can swap hours or if someone can cover for you. Until you are notified that there is a substitute for your hour, it is still your responsibility to make sure Our Lord is not left alone. Email Laura Ricketts for more information (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Adoration and Inclement Weather
Winter is now upon us and with it comes the possibility of snow and ice. Adoration Chapel closure decisions are made as Father Lundberg and the adoration chapel coordinators assess the weather both in Winchester and in the county. There are a lot of factors to take into account and Sacred Heart of Jesus Catholic Church is committed to the safety of our Adorers. Here is what you can do to prepare for the winter months as a Perpetual Adorer:
– Be sure that your notification preferences are set on the adoration schedule website. Here is how:
– Go to https://shwinchester.weadorehim.com and log in. If you have never logged in before, please call or email Joseph Herter (email@example.com or 540-662-5858) and he will send you a Welcome Email with instructions. Make sure to check your spam or junk folders if you can”™t find it in your inbox and adjust your email settings accordingly.
– Once on the website and logged in, click to go to “œMy Dashboard” and you will see your details and the preferences for notifications. Choose to either receive a phone call, text message, or email.
“¢ Please note that the phone calls are automated and may show up on caller ID as an unknown call from “œKeezletown.”
“¢ If you choose to receive an email, you must check your email throughout the day when inclement weather is anticipated. You may also want to make sure the adoration chapel emails do not get marked as spam.
– When the Adoration Chapel is closed only those adorers who are scheduled for the times surrounding the closure will be notified. However, all adorers can check the status of the chapel by going to https://shwinchester.weadorehim.com/ and viewing the schedule. When the chapel is closed, the time slot boxes will be GRAY. When the chapel is open, the boxes are BLUE. In this way all adorers can see when the chapel is closed and when it will be reopened.
– Sometimes the decision to re-open the chapel earlier than anticipated, or to extend the closure, will be made. Adorers will be notified of ANY changes to the initial Inclement Weather Closure.
– If you have a four wheel drive vehicle, live within walking distance of the Church, or enjoy driving in snowy weather and would like to volunteer to be an “œemergency adorer” during the winter months, please email Joseph Herter (firstname.lastname@example.org). It must be understood that doing so is at one”™s own risk.
– Lastly, if you have any questions, or if you have a scheduled commitment and the weather or roads prevent you from safely being present in Adoration, please notify the adoration coordinators. Note: almost all Adoration Chapel needs can be handled through the online schedule by visiting the Website, (https://shwinchester.weadorehim.com ) including finding the answer to the question “œis the chapel open.” Remember, if the boxes are blue, the chapel is open during those times!
Contacting the Adoration Chapel Coordinators is for emergencies or if you are unable to access the website due to a power outage or unforeseen circumstances.
The Chain of communication for Adoration Chapel closures is as follows:
“¢ Joseph Herter (email@example.com (540) 532-4103)
“¢ If Joseph Herter is unavailable, please notify Laura Ricketts.
(firstname.lastname@example.org (540) 514-1607
Thank you for your commitment to Our Lord in the Most Blessed Sacrament. Stay warm this winter!