Confession: Wednesday 6:30 pm to 8:00 pm (or until the line runs out), Saturday 3:30 pm -5:00 pm, First Friday 9:00 am and 5:00 pm, during all weekend Masses, and by appointment
Sin harms our relationship with God and damages our communion with the Church. Conversion of heart is the beginning of our journey back to God. Liturgically this happens in the Sacrament of Penance.
Take a moment to reflect on how sin has damaged your relationship with others.
- What false “gods” do I place above God and people?
- After leaving Mass, do I continue to glorify God by the actions in my life?
- How have I failed to love others in my family, workplace or community?
- Do I hold any views that are prejudiced or biased or which perpetuate stereotypes?
- Have I responded to the needs of the poor and those whose rights are unfulfilled?
- Do my personal, economic and public choices reflect a genuine concern for others and the common good?
- Have I stood up to protect the dignity of others when it is being threatened?
- Am I aware of problems facing my local community and involved in efforts to find solutions?
- Do my purchasing choices take into account the well-being of those producing what I buy?
- How do I protect and care for God’s creation? Are there ways I could reduce consumption?Adapted from Questions to Examine Conscience in the Light of Catholic Social Teaching in the “Resources and Tools” section at www.usccb.org/jphd.